- This event has passed.
The New Look of Nicotine
30 March 2022 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
About this event
In this presentation, “The New Look of Nicotine Addiction” , participants will receive an overview of vaping 101, the prevalence of use, toxicology and safety, secondary exposure cessation and harm reduction as well as youth use and risks. What does new research tell us about youth vaping and COVID-19? With almost 1 in 4 Ohio high school students using a vaping product and the FDA identifying vaping as an epidemic, what should you and your community know about vaping and Juuling?
• understand the history, growth and iterations of the electronic cigarette
• be able to identify common myths about the electronic cigarette
• be able to identify health risks of using electronic cigarettes
• be able to identify best practice vape prevention tools as well as alternative to suspension interventions.
Montgomery County Alcohol, Drug Addiction and Mental Health Services has been approved by the Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board to offer continuing education credit hours to Counselors and Social Workers (Provider #RCS111304) and the Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board to offer recognized clock hours to Chemical Dependency Counselors and Prevention Professionals (Provider #50-17863) and has approved this training for 1.5 hours of CEUs.
In order to ethically provide CEUs, we use a platform that generates attendance time reports. We must have a total time in attendance for each participant in order to issue CEUs and the CEUs issued are based on the total amount of time accumulated between the time an attendee joins and the time the attendee logs off. We are ethically bound to report the accumulated amount of time a participant attended, therefore we cannot issue CEUs to:
- Individuals sharing a monitor, computer, and/or login
- Individuals joining by audio phone only
- Individuals missing more than 10 minutes of a training that is 60 minutes in length
CEUs will be adjusted to the nearest quarter hour to reflect the amount of time present for sessions over 60 minutes in length.
This session will not be recorded. If you are unable to attend but would like to request more information and resources from the speaker, please contact Becky Ketron at firstname.lastname@example.org